Servo Electric tapping machine-Manuals Instruction-6
flex arm tapper OPERATIONS
Read the safety manual before operating the flex arm tapper to understand these hazards and preventive measures
All users must know the position of POWER SOURCE and its operation.
When any hazard is detected. Turn the power switch off to stop the spindle ratation and feed.
1. Pre-operation check -Before operation check that: The flex arm tapper is firmly secured to the work table.
2. Select the correct tap holder for the tap size required Insert the tap collet into the “quickly change holder” by depressing the locking ring. Seat the top square into the tap holder; release the locking ring. the machine is ready to work
3. To change the tap collet, push up the quick change chuck collar and the tap collet will come out automatically
4. Clockwise rotation tapping: push the forward BUTTON
5. When the hole is completely tapped, release the forward BUTTON and actuate the reverse BUTTON to change the rotation of the electic motor and remove the tap from the hole.
6. The tap will engage itself and follow the hole. When tapping a through hole, remember that the tap will protrude on the bottom side of the workpiece; make sure there is sufficient clearance below the work piece to allow the tap to break through and not hit the work surface. Use a torque style tap holder when tapping blind or bottom holes. The built-in safety clutch on this holder will ratchet and stop the tap from turning when the tap has reached the bottom of the hole.
7. flex arm tapper attention DO NOT PUSH OR PULL ON THE MOTOR AS TAPPING THE HOLE OR BACKING OUT OF IT! THIS RESULTS IN POOR THREAD QUALITY. OVERSIZED THREADS. AND BROKEN TAPS!