Servo Electric tapping machine-Manuals Instruction-9
Alignment Check list
01. How are you checking the unit alignment?
02. What type of table is flexible arm tapping machine mounted to ? the table must be flat, is the electric tapping machine moved ?
03. Are both the Base mount and the angel mount completely tightened before any flexible arm tapping machine tapping is done ?
04. Are all the bolts on the tapping machine tight and secure ?
05. Has the flexible arm tapping machine dropped and damaged ?
06. How is part being fixtured? The fixture must be paralled to the flexible arm tapping machine, are the fixtures moved ?
07. Is the part fixtured level to the tapping machine base mount ? the work pieces must be secure and level to the tapping machine base.
08. Has the hole in the part been drilled straight ? how are you checking the hole alignment? The hole must be perpendicular to the work surface or table.
09. how deep is the hole you are tapping ? is it a blind hole or a through hole ?
10. What hole diameter are you drilling? What percentage of thread are you trying to achieve?
11. What size tap are you using? Thread per inch ?
12. What type of tap are you using ? ( bottom, lead, Plug etc)
13. what type of materials are you tapping?
14. If you are using a magnet:
Is the bottom of magnet free from burrs
Is the top of magnet flange free from burrs